By Ms. MARIA JULIANA N. GASMEN, MLIS, RL, Chief Librarian
TODAY THE MEDICAL CENTER LIBRARY'S STANDING COLLECTIONS HAS 7,644 VOLUMES OF BOOKS, over 1,000 titles of printed periodicals, over 5,000 volumes of audio-visual materials, and four databases (EBSCO, MDConsult, Lippincott's Nursing Procedures and Skills and Computerized Index to Philippine Periodical Articles). Library resources added to the growing number of collections were:
NEW ACQUISITION BOOKS
|COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
|• Karp, Gerald. Cell Biology. 6th edition. c2010.
• Gartner, Leslie P. Concise Histology. 5th ed. c2010.
• Hall, John. Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical
Physiology. 12th ed. c2010.
• McPhee, Stephen. Pathophysiology of Disease. 4th
• Bonica, John. Bonica's Management of Pain. c2010.
• College, Nicki. Davidson's Medicine. c2010.
• Solomon, Jeffrey A. Radiology Secret Plus. c2011.
• Cunningham, Gary F. William Obstetrics. 23rd ed.
• Renke, Helmut G. Renal Pathophysiology: the
• Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver
• Lieberman, Michael. Mark's Basic Medical
Biochemistry: a clinical approach. c2009.
• Weedon, David. Weedon's Skin Pathology. c2010
• Goodman and Gilman's Pharmacological Basis of
Therapeutics. 12th edition. c2011.
• McPhee, Stephen. Current Medical Diagnosis and
• Marcdante, Karen J. Nelson Essentials of Pediatrics.
• Charles, Vincent. Patient Safety. c2010.
• Kaushansky, Kenneth. Williams Hematology.
• Tintinalli, Judith. Tinitinalli's Emergency Medicine.
8th ed. c2011.v
• Mandell, Gerald. Principle and Practice of Infectious
Disease. 7th ed. c2010.
• Berek, Jonathan. Gynecologic Oncology. c2010.
• Cummings, Charles W. Otolaryngology Head and
Neck Surgery. 5th ed. c2010.
• Feigin & Cherry's Textbook of Pediatric Infectious
• Fuster, Valentin. Hurst's the Heart. c2011.
|COLLEGE OF NURSING|
|• Videbeck, Sheila L. Psychiatric-Mental Health
Nursing. 5th ed. c2011.
• Gould, Barbara E. Pathophysiology for the Health
• Hockenberry, Marilyn. Wong's Nursing Care of
Infants and Children. 9th ed. c2011.
• Berman, Audrey. Nursing Basics for Clinical Practice. c2011.
• Burke, Karen M. Medical-Surgical Nursing Care. c2011.
• Peate, Ian. Nursing Care and the Activities of Living. c2011.
• Daniels, Rick. Nursing fundamental. Caring and
Clinical Decision Making. c2010.
• Christensen, Barbara. Foundations of Nursing. 6th
• Carpenito-Moyet. Nursing Diagnosis Application to
Clinical Practice. c2010.
• Benner, Patricia. Educating Nurses. c2010.
• Boswell, Carol. Introduction to Nursing Research. 2nd
• Jolley, Jeremy. Introducing Research and Evidence-
Based Practice for Nurses. c2010.
• Watkins, Diane. Public Health and Community
Nursing. 3rd ed. c2010
• Cox, Carol Lynn. Professional Issues in Primary Care
• Klainberg, Marilyn. Today's Nursing Leader. c2010.
• Davis, Anne J. Ethical Dilemmas and Nursing Practice.
5th ed. c2010.
• Tomey, Anne Mariner. Nursing theories and their
Work. 7th edition. c2010.
• Lilley, Linda. Pharmacology and the Nursing Practice.
6th ed. c2011.
• Porth, Carol M. Essentials of Pathophysiology:
Concepts of Altered Health. c2011.
• Engelkirk, Paul G. Burton's Microbiology for the
Health Sciences. c2010.
• Silvestri, Linda Anne. Saunders Comprehensive
Review for the NCLEX-RN examination. c2011.
|COLLEGE OF PHYSICAL THERAPY
|• Neumann, Donald H. Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal
System. 2nd ed. c2010.
• Waxman, Stephen G. Clinical Neuroanatomy. 26th
• Swain, James. Diagnostics Imaging for the Physical
• Berryman Reese, Nancy. Joint Range of Motion and
Muscle Length Testing. 2nd ed. c2010.
• Norkin, Cynthia C. Measurement of Joint Motion. 4th
• Donatelli, Robert A. Orthopaedic Physical Therapy. 4th
• Olson, Kenneth A. Manual of Physical Therapy of the
• Katzung, Bertram. Pharmacology for the Physical
Therapist. c2009.• M agee, David J. Pathology and Intervention in
Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. c2009.
• Albasini, Alfio. Using Whole Body Vibration in Physical
Therapy and Sport. c2010.
• Watson, Tim. Electrotherapy. Evidence-Based Practice.
12th ed. c2009.
• Hicks, Carol M. Research Methods for Clinical Therapist
Applied Project Design and Analysis. c2009.
• Lindsay, Kenneth. Neurology and Neurosurgery
• Somers, Martha. Spinal Cord Injury Functional
• Cameron, Michelle. Physical Agents in Rehabilitation
from Research to Practice. c2009.
|• McBurney, Donald H. Research Methods. 8th ed. c2010.
• Barney, Jay S. Strategic Management and Competitive
• Daft, Richard L. New Era of Management. c2010.
• Cherico, JoAnn. Sociological Research Exercises. c2010.
• Decenzo, David A. Human Resources Management. 10th
• Hillier, Frederick S. Introduction to Operation Research.
9th ed. c2010.
• Young, Yifan. Chinese Herbal Medicine. 2nd edition.
• Lim-Varona, Linda. Prescription to Health. c2009.
• O'leary, Zina. Doing your Research Project. c2010.
• Kennedy, Mary. Teacher Assessment. c2010.
• Kosky, Valsa. Action Research. 2nd ed. c2010.
|• Mescher, Anthony L. Junquiera's Basic Histology. 12th
• Felten, David L. Netter's Atlas of Neuroscience. 2nd ed.
• Aminoff, Michael J. Handbook of Clinical Neurology. 3rd
• Osborn, Jeff. Diagnostics Imaging of the Brain. c2010. Macdonald, Rose. Pocketbook of Taping Technique.
|• Drake, Richard L. Grey's Atlas of Anatomy. c2008.
• Fitzgerald, M.J. Turlough. Clinical Neuroanatomy &
Neuroscience. 5th ed. c2007.
• Fix, James D. Neuroanatomy. 4th ed. c2008.
• Gartner, Leslie P. Color Textbook of Histology. 3rd ed. c2007.
• Jenkins, Gail. Anatomy and Physiology: From Science to
Life. 2nd ed. c2009.
• Moore, Keith L. Clinically Oriented Anatomy. 6th ed.
• Moore, Keith L. The Developing Human: Clinically
Oriented Embryology. 8th ed. c2009.
• Netter, Frank H. Atlas of Human Anatomy. 5th ed. c2011.
• Nolte, John. Essentials of the Human Brain. c2010.
• Sadler, T.W. Langman's Medical Embryology. 11th ed. c2009.
• Snell, Richard S. Clinical Neuroanatomy. 7th ed. c2010.
|• Ballantyne, Jane. Bonica's Management of Pain.
4th ed. c2010.
• Barash, Paul. Clinical Anesthesia. 6th ed. c2009.
• Cote, Charles J. A Practice of Anesthesia for Infants and
Children. 4th ed. c2009.
• Fleisher, Lee A. Evidence-Based Practice of Anesthesiology.
2nd ed. c2009.
|• Baynes, John W. Medical Biochemistry. 3rd ed. c2009.
• Swanson, Todd A. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
4th ed. c2007.
|• Adkinson, N. Franklin. Middleton's Allergy: Principles
and Practice. 7th ed. c2009.
• Wolf, Klaus. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General
Medicine. 7th ed. c2008.
|• Ballantyne, Christie M. Clinical Lipidology: A Companion
to Braunwald's Heart Disease. c2009.
• Colledge, Nikki R. Davidson's Principles and Practice of
Medicine. 21st ed. c2010.
• Collins, C. Edward. A Short Course in Medical
Terminology: Enhanced Reprint. c2006.
• Felten, David L. Netter's Atlas of Neuroscience. 2nd ed.
• Goldman, Lee. Cecil Medicine. 23rd ed. c2009.
• Rakel, Robert E. Essential Family Medicine: Fundamental
and Case Studies. 3rd ed. c2006.
• Williams, Mark V. Comprehensive Hospital Medicine. c2007.
|• Engelkirk, Paul G. Burton's Microbiology for the Health
Sciences. 8th ed. c2007.
• Goering, Richard V. Mim's Medical Microbiology. 4th
|• Bickley, Lynn S. Bate's Guide to Physical Examination
and History Taking. 10th ed. c2010.
• Carpenito-Moyet, Lynda Juall. Nursing Diagnosis:
Application to Clinical Practice. 12th ed. c2008.
• Hunt, Roberta. Introduction to Community-Based
Nursing. 4th ed. c2008.
• LeBlond, Richard F. DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination.
9th ed. c2008.
• Lynn, Pamela. Taylor's Clinical Nursing Skills: A
Nursing Process Approach. 2nd ed. c2008.
• Polit, Denise F. Essentials of Nursing Research: Appraising
Evidence for Nursing Practice. 7th ed. c2010.
• Polit, Denise F. Nursing Research: Principles and Practice.
• Rosdahl, Caroline B. Textbook of Basic Nursing. 9th ed.
• Smeltzer, Suzanne C. Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook
of Medical-Surgical Nursing. 11th ed. c2007.
• Taylor, Carol. Fundamentals of Nursing: The Art and
Science of Nursing Care. 6th ed. c2008.