The University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (the “Medical Center”) respects your rights to privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information, and we aim to comply with all the requirements of all relevant privacy and protection laws, particularly in accordance with Republic Act 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected by the Medical Center.
WHAT WE COLLECT
The Medical Center collects personal information in variety of sources and forms that may consist of hard and digital/ electronic records. This includes the following:
I. Academe (for applicants, students and alumni)
- Upon application for admissions and enrolment– your personal information, parents/ guardians and character references personal information obtained thru admissions forms (online or hard copy) and enrolment forms, such as name, permanent address, current address, mobile number, landline number, email, birth date, birthplace, age, gender, citizenship, civil status, religion, spouse name, spouse occupation, educational background, financial history, and other information we obtained through interviews and during entrance/ admissions examinations.
- During the duration of your stay with us as student – your scholastic records, class attendance, medical information upon consultation to our clinic, psychological assessment done by Guidance and Counselling Office, incidents that have disciplinary sanctions (e.g. violation of the Medical Center rules and regulations), pictures and videos of activities you have participated as official documentation and closed-circuit television (CCTV) recordings in the Medical Center premises.
- After your stay with us as a student (e.g. graduation, withdrawal, dropping of subjects, dismissed from the rolls) – personal information collected in our application for academic forms such as name, degree program, date of graduation, permanent address, email address, landline phone number, mobile number and period enrolled.
- Upon admission in the Hospital - personal information collected in our inpatient form such as name, permanent address, present address, age, sex, civil status, religion, contact number, birth date, birth place, nationality, father’ and mother’s details, spouse details and personal information of person/ parties responsible for your account.
- During the duration of your stay with us as patient - medical information collected by our medical staff such as medical history, medical diagnosis, laboratory results, vital signs, medicine intake, and medical procedures done.
Upon submission of research papers, personal information collected in our registration and application form includes the principal investigator and team member(s) names, business address and contact information such as email address, mobile and telephone number.
IV. Human Resource Development (for applicants and personnel)
- Before employment to the Medical Center – personal information collected in our personal information sheet and job referral from third party (e.g. Jobstreet ) include the applicant(s) name, age, sex, city and provincial address, date and place of birth, civil status, religion, height, weight, dialects and language spoken, hobbies, contact information (telephone, mobile phone number and email address), family members background details (name of the parents and sibling(s), name of the mother and father in law, age, date of birth, their occupation), educational attainment (elementary to college, post graduate course, seminars and studies attended), government identification numbers (SSS, Pag-Ibig, PhilHealth, PRC license number), working experience(s) and character reference(s).
- During the duration of your stay as personnel of the Medical Center – personal information collected includes change of status (if subsequently married), list of dependents and any change in contact information and address
V. Security (for visitors and guests)
Upon entry and exit of the Medical Center – we require you to deposit a proof of identity (ID) for verification purposes. For those with vehicles, we take note of your vehicle plate number. Video footage of your vehicle is also being recorded via a CCTV system installed in entry and exit points of the Medical Center.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permitted or required by law, we use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests as an educational and medical institution for academic, medical, research, administrative, historical, and statistical purposes. This includes, but not limited to the following:
- Upon application for admissions and enrolment – we use the information to process the student’s application for admission/ enrolment and to determine the eligibility of the students. The contact numbers are used to inform the students regarding the schedules of interview and to inform them the status of their application.
- During the duration of your stay with us as student – we use your personal information to monitor your progress for academic purposes.
- After your stay with us as a student – we use your personal information to validate your identity and ensure that appropriate records will be provided based on your application for academic records. Disciplinary actions are kept as well and are used for any request referable to good moral character certification.
We use your information in relation to the health services we provide and ensure that appropriate treatment will be made to you as our patient.
We collect the information mainly to identify, supervise, coordinate and monitor the implementation of the Medical Center research programs.
IV. Human Resource Development
- Before employment to the Medical Center – we collect your personal information mainly to screen, document and verify the applicant(s) eligibility for initial employment including the verification of qualifications and for background checking. We also collect the information in administering your pay, statutory deductions, entitlements and benefits.
- During the duration of your stay as personnel of the Medical Center – we collect your personal information primarily to update employee(s) 201 file and used in administering your pay, statutory deductions, entitlements and benefits.
We collect the information mainly as a security measure, which can help us to investigate any untoward incident that may happen in the Medical Center, and generate statistics useful for planning and service improvement purposes.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not share your information, except:
- As permitted or required by laws, rules or regulations;
- As necessary to protect the interests of the Medical Center;
- With service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed to protect the confidentiality of the data; or
- In special circumstances where you may have given your specific consent.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Medical Center is committed to ensuring the security of personal information. We implement reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures for the protection of personal data. Our security measures aim to maintain the availability, integrity and confidentiality of personal information and protect them against natural dangers such as accidental loss or destruction, and human dangers such as unauthorized access, fraudulent misuse, unlawful destruction, alteration and contamination.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Medical Center’s website contains links to other websites, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies, and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Kindly check the privacy policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Data Protection Officer
University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center, Inc.
64 Aurora Boulevard, Barangay Doña Imelda, Quezon City 1113
telephone: (02) 715-0861 to 77 local 260
CHANGES TO STATEMENT
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page even without prior notice to all our stakeholders.