The Commission on Higher Education and Development Bank of the Philippines team up to implement the Student Loan Program (SLP) for Tertiary Education to support the students who have liquidity problems, including those in the medical school.
The maximum loanable cap is P 60,000.00, which is payable, without interest, within a year before the semester ends. This could be used for paying the student's tuition fee and other school fees, and/or books and other supplemental learning materials/equipment/tools/supplies, and/or tertiary education allowance/stipend and/or, review for a licensure examination.
For those who would like to avail this loan program you can submit the following documentary requirements to the Office of Students Affairs:
- Duly accomplished and signed Student Loan Application with 1 x 1 ID picture
- Certification from the University Registrar
- Proof of source(s) of acceptable income
- Other requirements for a guarantor or co-maker. Any one of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) filed and/or paid with the Bureau of Internal Revenue of parents/guardian as guarantor,
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- For children of Overseas Filipino workers (OFW) and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered
The files attached are the Memorandum Circular No. 20110-0003 on Guidelines of the Student Loan Program For Tertiary Education - Short-Term Basis (SLPTE-ST) For Tertiary Education and the Student Loan Application form.
For further inquiries, please call the OSA telephone number 7150861 loc. 395