Overview of UERMMMCI
The University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center Inc. (UERMMMCI) was first established in 1956 as the Health Science Center of the University of the East (UE) Manila. The first academic program was the College of Medicine (1956), followed by the College of Nursing (1959), the College of Physical Therapy in 1988 and the Graduate School in 2001. At its 50th Anniversary in 2007 it had counted 9,716 graduates serving in different parts of the world.
Its high quality education and consistent excellent performance in the licensure examinations have earned for UERMMMI accreditation level IV of the medical and nursing programs and level III of the physical therapy program, among a few schools in the country with such accreditation.
As an academic medical center, it has its own base hospital which was established for the training of health professionals in undergraduate and post graduate programs. It was recently renovated with state of the art facilities and laboratories for training health professionals and service to patients.