Guidance and Counseling Office
The Guidance and Counseling Office is an integral part of the UERMMMCI's educational system. It provides services that promote students' academic, career, social, and personal development. Guidance services are delivered to the students during their stay in the university. The guidance counselors work together with the faculty, parents, and the university administration to support students make informed choices
To provide counseling and testing services that support the continuous development of our institution goals so that all students will achieve educational success and to be able to self-actualize
- To provide a comprehensive counseling program for all students to experience educational success by providing guidance in the areas of academic, career and personal-social development;
- To help students surmount challenges that hamper learning and advocacy for providing support through collaboration with educators, families, and communities to meet the needs of all students by providing guidance; and,
- To maximize student potential to become a responsible citizen and productive members of a global workplace
- Individual Counseling - Process facilitated by the counselor to help the student explore his problem, behavior, feelings and cognition, come up with goals or plans for improvement and work towards the desired change.
- Group Counselling - a form of therapy where people with similar experiences/issues come together for group sessions to talk about vareity of issues including exploring relationships, improving onself, enhancing coping etc. This allows the member to share their experiences and listens to other experiences as well.
- Follow-Up - Continuous monitoring of client’s status and progress with the case
- Testing - Administration and interpretation of psychological assessment tools such as aptitude and personality tests that could help students improve self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Psychoeducation - The guidance office educate students about timely and appropriate information and issues which could be helpful in their psychological well-being and contribute to their holistic learning experience
- Referral - The practice of helping clients find needed further assistance about their concerns
- Individual Inventory - Gathering and obtaining of necessary student information
- Research and Evaluation - The process of determining the effectiveness of the guidance programs administered and finding out the needs of the student population to help counselors create evidence-based interventions and programs