- Develop outstanding health professionals committed to lifelong learning
- Provide equitable, holistic, and quality health care
- Advance quality research relevant to education and practice of health professionals
- Advocate causes and promote love of country, welfare of the people, and preservation of the environment
- Provide services relevant and responsive to the needs of the community
- Develop and provide innovative, excellent and socially relevant academic programs that are locally ang globally competitive
- Attract qualified applicants and increase enrollment
- Enhance our resources to fuel the growth of the center
- Produce quality researches of international standards
- Achieve full computerization centerwide
- Develop and provide innovative hospital services
UERMMMCI Education System Core Mission
UERMMH is a tertiary hospital founded on an academic institution. Our mission is to provide personalized quality care, based on rational medical economics, to patients from all walks of life. Through the excellent practice of this unique competence, we aim to affirm our distinction as a top hospital in the Philippines. The mission of the UERM Memorial Medical Center (UERMMMC) education system is to serve society by educating and training a diverse medical and paramedical workforce capable of meeting the country's need for health workers engaged in the practice of medicine, nursing, physical therapy, public health, biomedical and health services research, as well as developing administrators and educators through its graduate school.
- Be effective, efficient and affordable
- Attract and successfully educate a diverse group of learners
- Support the health and well-being of learners at each stage of their careers
- Cultivate mentoring relationships for learners at each stage of their careers
- Encourage and support learners who have diverse career goals
- Provide opportunities for learners to engage in effective learning experiences throughout their careers.
To produce graduates who will provide high quality care to the patients that seek their help, we promote:
- A humanistic approach to health care delivery
- An appreciation of the importance of the biological and population sciences for the advancement of patient care
- A patient-centered approach to health care
- An appreciation of the importance of fundamental research for the advancement of medical,nursing and rehabilitative care
- An understanding of the organization, financing and delivery of health care in the country
- A global perspective on contemporary health issues.
We likewise ensure that our health care professionals are able to:
- Provide culturally sensitive and appropriate care
- Listen and communicate effectively
- Weigh quality of life issues appropriately when making patient care decisions
- Access and use available evidence effectively and efficiently when making patient care decisions
- Provide care in the face of uncertainty and doubt
- Use resources effectively and efficiently in providing health care
- Use technologies appropriately in providing patient care
- Participate effectively in multidisciplinary and team approaches to patient care
- Contribute to eliminating medical errors and improving the quality of health care
- Balance individual and population health needs when making patient care decisions.
To ensure that these objectives are achieved, we:
- Develop and ort effective teachers
- Employ educational strategies of demonstrated effectiveness
- Employ educational technologies that enhance learning
- Promote the acquisition of skills necessary for self-directed learning
- Provide developmentally appropriate opportunities for learners to acquire these attributes:
- Knowledge,skills, attitudes and values—they will need to meet their professional responsibilities
- Provide learning experiences that promote a thorough understanding of the biomedical sciences and the relevance of those sciences to the practice of providing health care
- Provide clinical education experiences primarily in settings where learners will encounter the kinds of patients they are most likely to care for after entering practice.
Goals and Objectives of the Curricular Offerings
The goals and objectives of the curricular offerings in the Medical Center include:
- Developing leaders for the 21st century in the fields of research, education and clinical practice of the health professions
- Preparing students for excellence by assuring the demonstration of defined core competencies.
- Complementing the core curriculum with diverse educational opportunities to assist in their development in their chosen career
- Developing and supporting educational programs which allow every student to participate in a quality and relevant educational experience
- ontinuously enhancing the curriculum by incorporating new material, teaching methods and evaluation techniques to improve the educational experience.
The Learning Objectives
The learning objectives focus on what a student should know what the student is capable of doing and what the student can actually demonstrate. Specific competencies for graduates are described in the individual college brochures.
Areas of Competency
Students develop competency in each of the nine areas progressively throughout the curriculum.
- Effective Communication
- Clinical Skills
- Using Basic Science in the Practice of Medicine
- Diagnosis, Management, Continuing Care and Prevention
- Lifelong Learning in Medicine, Basic Science, the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Self-awareness, Self-care, Personal Growth and Professional Behavior
- Diversity and the Social and Community Contexts of Health Care
- Moral Reasoning and Ethical Judgment
- Problem-Solving Skills